Please include your timezone, and preference for either poetry or prose, so I can host a good time for everyone.
Here is what is expected of the writers:
1. Your entry must be posted to the "Write Off" category when you have completed it. You will have 24 hours from the time the starter is sent to you to finish your piece. If something happens and you cannot post your piece within this timeframe, please inform me so I can coordinate effectively.
2. It is appreciated if you comment on and also rate your opponents piece. If you are uncomfortable with this idea, we won't force you to. The notion here is that it is a friendly competition, and commenting/rating your counterpart shows us you are a good sport. Obviously, being vicious or rating your opponent with anything out of line such as a 3 or lower is just dirty pool and we don't play dirty pool.
3. In the case of a prose Write Off the word limit is 1,200 words, including the story starter. I will never give you a starter which exceeds 200 words. The normal lit.org posting guidelines apply, and any entry which goes against these established points will simply not be published. Think before you post :)
4. In a poetry Write Off, there is no word limit, however we're not looking for any epics. Most poems tend to be much shorter than 1,200 words so this generally isn't an issue. We'll let you know if you're too long-winded.
5. Most important, HAVE FUN!
Who has the best reflexes? This is up to you, the users of this site to decide. Read these entries during the week and rate them based on creativity, grammar and writing prowess.