We would like to extend an invitation to serious, mature, and dedicated New York City Fiction writers to join a professional Manhattan-based writers' group that meets bi-weekly on Thursday evenings, 6:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. through a voluntary rotation at members' homes or writer-friendly establishments throughout Manhattan.
You must login to vote
We are looking for writers with a body of work. We are looking for writers who have a FIRM foundation of The Elements of Fiction Writing. We are looking for writers who are experienced in giving DETAILED CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.
There are no fees to join or to sustain a membership. The main purpose of the group is to provide necessary feedback to other writers prior to submitting to editors, agents, and publishers.
We utilize a 'glass booth' wherein the featured writer is not allowed to respond during their feedback. We utilize a Non-Disclosure Agreement, and have Membership Requirements that must be met.
If you are interested, please respond to the following questions and ATTACH a properly formatted WRITING SAMPLE which best exemplifies your work soon.
To view a properly formatted fiction sample: http://www.shunn.net/writing/coach/format.pdf
Only those we feel would fit within our established group will be contacted. E-mail WITHOUT a writing sample will be automatically deleted. Time and space is limited!
1. Please prepare a personal biography, including age, of no more than two double-spaced pages to introduce yourself to the group which should include your formal instruction in writing and genre(s).
2. What are your personal and professional goals as a writer?
3. Have you been a member of a writing group in the past? If so, list elements you enjoyed and areas you felt could have been improved?
4. What are your expectations in a writer's group?
5. How would you handle a harsh critique from a member in a writing group?
6. Describe a situation where you came up with a creative solution to a problem [writing/life/personal].
7. List several writers you admire and whose work has been important to your growth as a writer.