The Signup problem has been fixed. If you tried to signup in the last 2-3 days, the signup was broken. Why? Because I broke it while working on the new version of vorpal for lit.org. I didn't realize that I was working on the wrong user table! It was my fault and it is now fixed.
You must login to vote
And since the cat is out of the bag, I am indeed working on a specialized version of vorpal just for lit.org. Lit.Org, and many other lit sites, need features that don't always make since for every site. I needed to write a script to help out our friends a Speculative Vision and figured I would kill two birds with one stone.
Some of the improved features are as follows:
- Extended user profiles, including a signature, icq, aim, bio and more. Profiles will become powerful user sites with built in journals that you can link. There will be custom buttons for you to use to allow you to link directly to your lit.org author page!
- Sub Categories
- Types (Review, Article, Column etc)
- More stats
- Improved speed
- Enhanced Vorpal Features for site admin using Templates wich will give users the power to select themes.
- Newsletter with comments from the staff and a brief listing of what's new since the last newsletter
- Who's online, private messages to users and instant messaging
- Improved Searching
And much more This is just a teaser. This new version should be ready in a few weeks. Once this is ready to put into place, we may be down for a few hours during the change over.
Chrispian H. Burks
Lit.Org Owner / Founder
Blog - Twitter - Facebook