You must login to vote
Life can be strange at times. One day you feel as if nothing negative anyone can say to you can bring you down, and the next day you are down. And although we will meet many persons throughout this interesting journey known as life, we may also learn as many lessons and make a few keen observations along the way.
Listed here are a few of those observations and lessons I have seen, heard, read of, experienced and learned so far.
1) When conversing with someone, never be afraid or too shy to ask: What do you mean, if there is something you don’t quite understand. We are not mind readers. Just because someone assumes that we understand what he/she means, does not necessarily mean that we do.
2) Never refer to an Irish person as an English or vice versa. Some people are quite sensitive about this.
3) If you have been dating someone, all is going well, but you have not received a piece of communication from him/her in over a week, don’t make excuses like he/she might be busy. He/she might be silently dumping you and you might be the last one to know it.
4) Many people wonder if Earth will ever be invaded by Aliens or UFOs, without also wondering, who would want to invade a people who seem to be mainly interested in hating, hurting and killing each other.
5) Many people have trouble believing in ghosts or the supernatural, some of which can be seen, felt or heard, but they have no trouble believing in tales of a Supreme Being known as God or Jesus. Tales that can be found in a book known as The Bible.
6) When embarking on a new business, in this age and in the future, make sure you can employ at least one person to answer your business line. Many prospective customers/patrons might not appreciate taking the time to call you, only to realize that they must tolerate a series of pre-recorded audio messages before they can even get to you.
7) It’s good to have role models. We all have at least one. But also take time to remember who you are and what you are trying to accomplish.
8) Being in love with someone should be a happy time. But if there is too much secrecy or clandestine meetings involved and you don’t like how all of that makes you feel, make a clean exit and find someone with whom you can be truly happy without all that secrecy.
9) Try to be pleasant with those you meet, even if they are not being nice to you, for being hateful and rude takes up way too much time and precious energy. Much more time and energy than it takes to be nice.
10) The next time you wonder why the world is the way it is or why we are the way we are, remember that everything starts at home: self love, love for others, generosity, compassion, prejudices, likes, dislikes, values.
11) No one person knows everything. But now we have Google.
12) Just like Eve led Adam to temptation, a Drug Pusher can lead you to the road of temptation, but it’s up to you to decide what to do when you get there.
13) Curiosity may have killed the cat, but look at how far it has brought mankind.
14) Saving some people from themselves is not always as easy as it seems.
15) Some politicians are like relentless wooers or wannabe lovers/mates. They will say all the things you want to hear just so they can get you or your vote.
16) If most adults have trouble making sudden decisions, think about the kid/toddler whose parent/guardian asks him/her what he/she wants for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
17) Is patience really a virtue? Or are those words there to comfort those who are waiting for what they are waiting.
18) Everyone is capable of being a jealous/possessive lover/mate; it just depends to what degree someone is jealous or possessive that can make a difference in a romantic relationship.
19) Next time you ask yourself what are you doing here, also ask what is it you would rather be doing or where you would like to be.
20) High tech gadgets, machines and equipment will come and go, but house work is never ending.
Peace and unity begin with all of us- Judy Ramsook