You must login to vote
What is the gift of discernment?
To separate; to differentiate; to make a distinction.
The gift of discernment is the special ability that God gives to certain members of the body of Christ to distinguish between truth and error, and to know with assurance whether certain behavior purported to be of God is in reality divine, human, or satanic.
People with this gift can:
1) distinguish truth from error, right from wrong, pure motives from impure;
2) identify deception in others with accuracy and appropriateness;
3) determine whether a testimony attributed to God is authentic;
4) recognize inconsistencies in a teaching, prophetic message or interpretation;
5) are able to sense the presence of evil.
A person with this gift is usually:
1) Perceptive 2) insightful 3) sensitive 3) challenging 4) decisive 5) intuitive 6) truthful 7) discriminating.
People with this gift:
May struggle with how to express their perceptions, feelings or insights;
Could be harsh when confronting others, instead of speaking the truth in love;
Need to confirm their perceptions before speaking.
Romans 12:2, 1Corinthians 12:10, 1John 4:1,6,
Matthew 16:21-23, Acts 5:1-4, 1Corinthians 2:12-16