1. If you’re interested in writing the next section,
please come to the forum named, “The Thread: Scrap
Pile,” and leave a note. This is to avoid having two or
more writers working on the same section. You could say
something like, “I’m gonna do the part after Beckett
2. Keep you sections to around 500 words. I’d like many
people to be able to participate, and this should
3. End your section with the characters on the verge of
an “event.” This will make it easier for the next
writer to pick up where you left off.
4. Follow the characteristics that have been
established for characters. If in one section “Johnny”
has blonde hair, then he should still have blonde hair
in your part too.
5. Do not post comments in the comments box. That space
is for the continuation of the story. If you wish to
leave comments, please do so at the forum.
6. After signing up to add a post, you have about 24
hours to comply. If you are running into problems,
please open it back up to the public. This will keep
the Thread from stagnating.
7. Above all else, have fun, be creative, and get